EQUALITY AND ACCESSIBILITY PLAN
Bugthorpe and Sutton Upon Derwent Church of England Primary Schools will promote equal opportunity and will not tolerate inequality in any area of the school’s life or work, as our School Visions’ celebrate. We value each child as a unique individual, and follow our pathways with respect for others; we were all made in God’s own image. As the Church of England ‘Valuing All God’s Children’ document states, we strive to offer a safe and welcoming place for all God’s children.
All will be treated equally and given equal access to the curriculum and life of the schools. All will have equal opportunity to benefit from all that we offer. Our intention is to develop an ethos in which all will thrive and grow with confidence. Diversity and differences will be valued and respected by all and they will contribute to the richness of our school life and learning.
- To ensure that all learners have equal access to a rich, broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To ensure that teaching and learning promotes equality, celebrates diversity and promotes community cohesion.
- To ensure that no-one is unfairly or illegally disadvantaged as a consequence of their gender, colour, race, age, ethnic or national origin, disability or religious beliefs.
- To recognise, celebrate diversity within our community whilst promoting community cohesion.
- To ensure that those with management responsibility and individual staff accept responsibility for planning, organisation and delivery of appropriate educational material to ensure that this policy for equal opportunity is woven into all we do.
- To ensure that learners and parents are fully involved in the provision made by the school.
- To ensure that within the school budget appropriate funding is provided to underpin this policy.
- Monitoring, evaluation and review carried out by the Leadership Team will ensure that procedures and practices within the school reflect the objectives of this policy.
- Parents will be involved and consulted about the provision being offered by the school.
- Teachers will ensure that their planning, teaching and learning takes account of this policy and ensures that equity underpins all their work.
- The diversity within our school and the wider community will be viewed positively by all and this diversity will be recognised as a rich resource for teaching, learning and the curriculum.
- INSET opportunities will be provided for staff, to raise awareness and provide practical examples of suitable curricular materials.
- Active contributions will be sought of parents and others to enrich teaching, learning and the curriculum.
- The positive achievements of all pupils will be celebrated and recognised.
Bugthorpe Church of England Primary School
For any queries please contact Mrs Adele Sunderland or Mrs Nicky Collier in the School Office:
Stephenwath Lane, Bugthorpe, York, East Yorkshire, YO41 1QQ
Sutton upon Derwent Church of England Primary School
For any queries please contact Mrs Nicky Collier or Mrs Emma Grainger in the School Office:
Main Street, Sutton upon Derwent, York, YO41 4BN